DIY Book Box
Book boxes are amazing, easy to make, and so handy. Not only do they make exceptional hidey holes for money and other items, but they also are perfect for couples getting married. Many couples use a meaningful book as part of their themed wedding and use it as the ring box. Thankfully this little wedding detail, which looks amazing in your photos afterwards by the way, is so simple to make. Check out the DIY book box instructions below to create your own!
What you’ll need:
- A straight edge or some tape
- A razor blade or x-acto knife
- Your favorite book
- A pencil
As you can see in the photo, a DIY Book Box is fairly simple to do. You just need to be very careful when it comes to cutting the paper. I’ve found that if you’re pressing down hard enough you can accidentally over cut on your line, so make sure to take your time. If you’re wanting to do a shape other than one that can be made with a straight lines, it’s highly suggested to have a template first out of something quite sturdy (cardboard, a circular cup, etc.).
Below is a step by step photo guide for the DIY book box using a simple rectangular cut out.
1. Place the tape around where you wish to cut. Make sure that the tape is easily pulled off the paper OR put the tape on a page before so that you can remove it.
2. Begin carefully cutting. Put something hard underneath such as a thin piece of wood or a cutting board so that you don’t damage the back page or end of the book.
3. Slowly remove the tape or cut out the piece of paper that the tape is on. If you use a ruler for the straight edges, then this is not necessary and you can simply erase the pencil marks.
4. Attack some string or ribbon if you wish by drilling a small hole through the back of the book and threading the ribbon/thread through. This is not a necessary step, but merely for if the book is going to be used by the ring bearer so that the rings do not fall out during the procession.
Ring Book Box Ideas
Check out these amazing ring boxes made from books for inspiration!